Ten Reasons to become a Deverell Smith recruiter!
Whether you already work in recruitment, have started a career in property or are simply looking to find a new challenge, there are a number of reasons why a career at Deverell Smith could be the right move for you:
- You don’t have to work weekends! At Deverell Smith our hours are 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday. Many other professions, particularly in the early stages, call for you to work into the evenings and at weekends, but not at Deverell Smith.
- There are lots of transferable skills. Whether you have previous sales experience in another industry, have worked in elite sports, flown planes, been a DJ manager or simply have a passion for property (like some of our current staff have!), a career in recruitment allows you to apply your existing skillset and interests to an exciting, new environment. Like many other sales-focused roles, recruitment is a service-based industry – being able to listen to and understand client needs is at the heart of what we do.
- More variety. By working closely with both parties – clients and candidates – you will experience a varied and interesting career. As well as helping candidates find their dream job, you can very quickly get exposed to the inner workings of some of the world’s leading property brands – you may find yourself speaking to a Lettings or Sales Director at one of the industry’s leading operators, providing you with the opportunity to really understand how they operate and gain invaluable top-level insight that you wouldn’t always be exposed to in other careers.
- Competitive salary and OTE in year one. Compared to other trainee positions, where you could be looking at between £10,000 and £16,000 depending on experience, at Deverell Smith our starting salaries are between £20,000 – £25,000. Our On Target Earnings (OTE) are also fantastic, more on par with what many sales roles would only offer after completing at least one year of service.
- Very rewarding. As a consultant at Deverell Smith, you are responsible for finding a candidate their dream job and your client the ideal person to fill their vacancy. This is highly rewarding, as you can have a big impact on someone’s career path and potentially help them to find a job that they might not otherwise have applied for on their own.
- Better Progression. Our promotion structure is geared towards helping employees progress as quickly as they want to. We have staff members who have progressed to running their own team within two years and others who have gone from trainee to Director within three and a half. At Deverell Smith we reward on merit, not length of service.
- Property First, Recruitment Second. At Deverell Smith we see ourselves as property professionals rather than just sales people. People who love property but fancy something a little different make ideal Deverell Smith recruiters!
- Personal Development. From our 4 week Training Academy, regular workshops with external trainers and motivational speakers, team building away days to our management training scheme, we provide ample opportunities for staff to develop their skillset and knowledge using both internal and external sources.
- The Sunday Times Top 100. Work for a company that has been voted one of the best small companies to work for in the UK for the past two years. With our high achievers holidays, themed office parties, uncapped bonus scheme, monthly competitions and discounted gym membership, there are plenty of reasons why working for Deverell Smith is a truly rewarding career choice.
- If you still need convincing, here are five more reasons to work at Deverell Smith.
If you are interested in a career at Deverell Smith, please contact Deverell Smith’s Talent Development Director, Chris Long on 020 3056 0279 or Chris.Long@deverellsmith.com.